Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Ain't that funny how it goes



 Boone told him to make Butter Chicken. Rafe couldn't believe Boone sent him the recipe to his Android.

"It isn't that hard, she'll love it," Boone was confident about it. Rafe studied the recipe. He knew Ruby had a shitty day even if she wouldn't tell him about it. She was already in bed.

After all, Boone gave him the ginger. It was the secret ingredient. So Rafe went to work at the stove. There was the Insta-pot version, but Boone's mom knew the fast way. "And that's the one I like."

Rafe didn't want to make it if it took more than thirty minutes. They had a bag of jasmine rice already to microwave.

So he brought her dinner in bed.

Of course, she didn't really notice, she was yelling something about KC stealing her job. 

"I don't think that would happen," Rafe told her to try the Butter Chicken.

But Ruby was in a pout. Maybe wine would have been better but she finally took a bite.

"OH MY GAWD," she said after one bite. "YOU MADE THIS?"

Rafe nodded.

"You're making all the food now," she informed him.

"Do I have to?" He hadn't even tasted it. She gave him a bit. Yes, he was an excellent cook.

"I can never get my chicken that perfect," Ruby told him she always overcooked it.

"Oh." He didn't know. He hated to tell her it was just an accident.

"I love this." Ruby ate the meal in bed on so many pillows. "You're the best."

"Really?" Rafe didn't know if he completely understood.

"NO, YOU ARE." It sounded like a promise, but Ruby was sad. "I know I ask too much of you. You've had to listen to all my shit. And you're still here."

Rafe did his best to smile.

"Can you cook for me every night?"

"I don't think so, but..but I can try." Rafe nodded.

Ruby smiled then as if he meant the world to her.

13 comments:

  1. I would also like butter chicken and if someone brought it to my bed, all the better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that the chicken came out perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how romantic to be able to eat in bed and then a chicken recipe with a secret ingredient, so she loved it! Only now he has to cook for her all the time, which could be a problem and what if it goes wrong next time? Here in Portugal they say: the fish dies by the mouth, which means that many men or women fall in love with their man/woman because they cook well! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha...that's why it's hard to be the best cook in the house coz you end up doing all of it:D
    Great chapter as always, Ellie. I love the little moments like these.
    Hope you'ra having a lovely day so far. And playing with Barbies is always a win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uy me dio hambre. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Przeczytałam z zainteresowaniem
    Pozdrawiam serdecznie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read with interest
      Greetings cordially 🪷🪷🪷🪷🪷😊😊😊😊 thanks so much!

      Delete
  7. Queria experimentar este frango!
    Beijos e boas inspirações!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanted to try this chicken!
      Kisses and good inspirations! ❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈Oh, I got the idea from a co-worker who's daughter learned to make it this summer. I just couldn't resist 😊

      Delete
  8. I can see why Ruby smiled like it meant the world to her.
    Someone preparing something for us...or even just trying....it always means a lot, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete