Thursday, August 1, 2024

Hello August



 "Wow, what a bakery," Brandon smiles. He and Declan took up Tess's offer to come and visit. It wasn't long until Riley met up with them. Of course, the two young women made over Heidi (Brandon's niece) as if she might be a princess.

The bakery looks like a haven for customers. They have their regulars and the sales are always there for them, yet specials for those passing by with coffee and cold drinks. Brandon had to admit he was glad Riley found Tessa.

"And you met at the grocery store?" Declan winces with a grin. 

"It was a nice surprise," Tess tells them that she knew Riley from the library. "My niece loves her storytimes."

Brandon wonders if this is why Riley is pleased with her new girlfriend. Tess and Riley still need to move in together. Both are busy this summer. Riley is in full throttle with the children's reading program. Although, it supposedly ended on the last day of July.

"Lots of prizes to give out," she says she is supposed to have August with no programming but will be plenty busy.

"Couldn't you two get away for a weekend or something?" Declan asks. The girls chuckle. They say they both need to save up.

"I don't guess you've heard from Melissa," Brandon doesn't mean to be a downer to their summer lunch of quiche and blueberry muffins. "I heard she moved to KC."

"She didn't move there," Riley tells him she heard from a friend that she's at the UNL library in Lincoln.

"Why would she lie to me?" Honestly, Brandon is hurt.

"I don't know what's going on," Riley shrugs. "I think she's keeping something from us."

"Like what?" Declan looks puzzled,  but he goes back to breaking up the cheesy and veg quiche for little Heidi.

"Evidently, we are better off not knowing," Brandon shrugs with a smile. "I don't think she wants us in her life anymore."

He can tell this makes Riley sad, but he knows Tess makes her happy, and he hopes they will be good for each other.


17 comments:

  1. I loved the chapter. What is she hiding?
    Xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. As i grow older, i can't stand the summer more and more. Love my autumn and winter:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that I can leave and don't have to save money :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mystery....will it become obvious? That aside, I'm not hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if she really is hiding something. Have a wonderful and awesome August.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genial fragmento. Lo ocultamos siempre serรก un problema. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your new header jumped out at me :-)
    The storyline in the chapter is good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    I think August started with a mystery! I get depressed, in the blink of an eye it's Christmas and we're a year older! Happy holidays if you can Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hola
    agosto ha llegado con mucho calor, gracias por el capรญtulo
    besotessssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, have a fabulous August

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa estรก escondendo algo ou quer ficar sozinha?
    Bom fim de semana! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pozdrawiam juลผ sierpniowo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, they can be good for one another!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm, I wonder what's up with Melissa? On a lighter note, I love that this installment takes place at the bakery and that little Princess Heidi is in attendance. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ’—

    I'm now following you on Instagram. Looking forward to more fun Barbie pics and stories! ๐ŸŽ€๐ŸŒˆ

    ReplyDelete