Sunday, October 10, 2021

Long time No see



 From a distance, Chevy wasn't sure who he was. But as he got closer near the campus coffee shop, he remembered Jools.

"Hey, how have you been?" Chevy smiled. Fall finally felt cool. It was sweater weather and the leaves were turning.

"Not bad," Jools nodded. Before long they caught up about old times and went in the shop for coffee.

Chevy could tell they both needed this. Jools helped him when Chevy first got here. It was some time ago, but it felt like yesterday. Chevy apologized for not reaching out to him sooner about Evan, but Jools seemed his old self and he hated to bring it up, but Chevy remembered them together.

"So, are..are you seeing anybody now?" Chevy felt brave enough to ask after the second cup of creamed coffee.

Jools only smiled with a laugh. "Are you seeing anyone?"

"No." Chevy knew he should shut up, but he couldn't. It wasn't that he'd ever think of Jools anymore than a kind friend. "I..I did meet someone."

"Oh really?" Jools smirked as if he was happy for him, but Chevy shook his head no.

"He's seeing someone." Chevy wanted to be closed-lipped about it, but there wasn't anyone else he could talk to about Simon. "Anyway, I've..you know..you know how I am. I'm not going-"

"I know." Jools nodded. He told him he felt he might be in the same boat. "But..but your friends with him?"

Chevy nodded. He said they were both interns at the radio station. "It's just his boyfriend works there too, and..well, I really can't stand him. I know Simon deserves better."

Jools smiled but bit the corner of his bottom lip. "At least, you aren't living together."

"What are you talking about?" Chevy winced a laugh, wondering what that was about.

"It's..it's kind of hard to explain," Jools let out a sigh. "I'm actually sleeping with my roommate now." But Jools said nothing had happened. "His sister is living with us to."

"Oh." Chevy wasn't sure he could be that kind of passive, yet he'd never kissed anyone nor anything else. So he wouldn't know. He cradled the cup of coffee, thinking he might have already wasted his youth even if he was barely twenty-one.

"It's just..I don't want to hurt him. I'm glad he's in my life. But then again, I can't see myself with anyone else either." Jools confessed.

Chevy only nodded. He knew he could never be any more than friends with Simon. Why did everything have to be so complicated?

21 comments:

  1. Uy, este capítulo me gusto bastante. Ese ambiente otoñal me encanta, lo lograste genial. Igual siento pena por Chevy, espero que este mejor ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I liked this chapter quite a bit. I love that autumnal atmosphere, you made it great. I still feel sorry for Chevy, I hope this better ♥🌸💖🍂 Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Boa tarde. A vida é complicado. Mais acho que as vezes conseguimos complicar muito mais.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uy pobre Chevy y si la vida es complicada. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!! Such a good chapter, thanks for sharing it and thanks for the K-Drama recommendation that you left in my blog, I will certainly check it out.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah ~ the trials and tribulations of young love ~ long journey ahead ~ well written 'life issues.' Xo

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. some times, we found difficulty in life....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Una historia super bonita, me ha gustado mucho
    bss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh....complicated for sure! I am loving all the drama:)
    PS Ooooo....you finally finished the Demi Gods show! Thanks for the heads up. That ending....whew....I love tragic endings but killing all the loved ones...I don't know if I'm ready for that:P And thanks for the heads up about Sweet Sweet and You Raise Me Up. So many shows, so little time...LOLZ...and you should totally watch Twin Peaks Season 3. It's a lot darker for sure, but still have a few funny moments. And Naomi Watts was in it too, and she was great!
    Anyhoo, I hope you're having a lovely Monday.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I started reading this, I thought, could this be the same Chevy that Simon met at the radio station? And it was! It's so cool that Chevy knows Jools. And the parallel between the Chevy/Simon and Jools/Mick relationships makes all of their stories stronger.

    I'm so glad you finished Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils! There's a feeling of accomplishment when you get to the end of something. I write down every TV series and movie I see and every book I read in separate notebooks. Which, now that I've typed it out, sounds a little crazy! Anyway, I know what you mean about being surprised by endings and then thinking you should've seen it coming. That's me and every mystery ever. But then, if we always knew what was coming, it wouldn't be half as much fun, would it?

    Also, thanks for this comment. It cracked me up. "Years ago, I had a friend who loved to crochet wraps for tree trunks. I am not sure why. Basically, it was a fall thing she did. I dunno if it was for the birds to unravel for nest or what. I just don't think I could do that for a tree." I don't think I could do that for a tree either!


    And I finally finished Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils. I'm not sure what I was waiting for..but not that ending. Yet I should have expected it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do like making connections. Especially between Chevy and Jools. I feel they might have lots to talk about yet no one to really talk too. Chevy..in spite of being on the radio is rather the quiet type. And of course, it's a smaller world than we know, some times.

      Oh Demi-Gods..did give me a lot to think on..of course, I might think too much when I watch some of these shows. Like I'm looking for Easter eggs or an inside joke. While somebody who is sitting next to me will say, "Oh this is ridiculous. How can you stand this show?"

      Thanks so much for your comments..=)

      Delete
  10. 'sweater weather' - I like the expression, and it even rhymes.
    Chevy and Jools having coffee and a chat at the campus coffee shop. Nothing special, but nevertheless makes us feel that life is complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another life surprise is its difficulties. It can be hard to Chevy but i am sure Chevy get rid of it. This is life!

    ReplyDelete