Sunday, January 16, 2022

I wonder if I'm being real

 


Alison knew she was probably lying to herself more than to Vanna. Of course, Vanna remembered her going on about her so-called date for New Year's which didn't exactly happen. She guessed it should have. It could have, but she really didn't want to see that guy she'd gone to the University with. She really never liked him. 

But she was happy her little sister had found someone. Vanna wasn't alone. Of course, Alison was finding at thirty-something she wasn't sure she could be with anyone. She'd been alone that long. Really, it didn't bother her much, but then she began to worry during the pandemic. Maybe something was wrong with her?

Still, co-workers encouraged her. This was the best time to be alone. What would she do if her partner got COVID? She winced thinking she'd stayed home far too long.

She'd gotten in the car and drove all the way to Vanna's just to remember she was empty-handed. Why had she come? Before she knew it she was at the grocery store, but she'd forgotten Slater worked there.

Suddenly, she felt as if she was always taking the wrong turn. She didn't want him to think she was here to see him. 

That was when she ran into a rather tall but thin guy in a suit. She butted her head right into his chest. She practically knocked him over.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," she found herself looking up at him. As it was she was practically a sumo wrestler next to him.

He smiled back and said it was OK.

"I don't even know what my little sister likes anymore," she found herself saying, yet she was sure he must have thought she was a bit crazy.

"I'm sure she'll be happy with anything," he nodded. "Shampoo and soap are good." He looked down at her basket that she was carrying that was empty.

"Right." She couldn't stop grinning because he had such a nice smile. It was genuine. It was as if he really knew what people liked.

He pointed to the isle where those things were.

"Oh, I'm..I'm Alison by the way," she told him. It was like her lucky day. She knew she should still be wearing a mask, but she wasn't.

"Keir," he then said.

"Keir." She thought the name fit him. "I never met anyone with that name."

"I don't really know that many Alisons, either," he nodded. Before she knew it they were looking at coffee.

18 comments:

  1. Very interesting post.
    Regards and nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand her worries but you made me when you wrote " she was practically a sumo wrestler next to him" hahah, nice story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for liking that part about the sumo wrestler. It is kind of funny how we do perceive ourselves. And yes, sometimes I feel too huge in these kinds of encounters. But it is funny when a friend will tell me, but you're so tiny.

      Delete
  3. Uma história e um diálogo bem interessantes.
    Good days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adoro estes encontros mágicos,
    tipo olhei pra pessoa e já gostei!

    🥰😘

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked hearing from Alison . . . and that she ran into Keir. Just when she was set on staying alone! I guess that's how it works, though, in fiction and real life too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, some of favorite times are visiting with people at the grocery store. Granted, you just never know who you'll meet. Naturally, I dream too big on these occasions sometimes.

      Delete
  6. Hello!! very interesting, thanks for sharing it with us.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice and calm story Dear Ellie. Fantastic style. Greets from Cracow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your comments. It's great to hear from you. I hope you all stay well and have lots of wonderful January reads to look forward too. Thank you ❤

      Delete
  8. I think this is the first time I'm reading about Alison...I'm so behind! Anyhoo....I love how cute this chapter is, Ellie. The way Keir and Alison met...so adorable. They sound like they'd make a good couple...or am I wrong? :D
    PS Yeah....don't bother with Shang Chi. And OMG! I love the sound of Reset. Thanks for the heads up!
    PPS We are currently hit with a big snow storm...we're supposed to get about 40 to 60 cm, so we've been constantly shovelling...so tired.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Beautiful and lucky encounter. I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love their meeting ♥
    Seems we will be reading more interesting chapters about this two.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete