Monday, January 16, 2023

Feel it in my soul


 

"I think we found a house," Jory dreaded telling Dan about it, because he knew he wasn't fond of the idea. After all, they weren't going anywhere. "It's pretty close to my sister's and well, you know. I always wanted that to happen someday. You know, to be close enough." He shrugged about the matter. They had a little time to get out on the basketball court. It was a holiday after all.

Jory mentioned he'd had the help of someone who was flipping houses in an older neighborhood. "There was a lot to consider, but this guy isn't one of those who bandage it up and tries to sell it quick. Still, it's a good deal and I think we can manage it."

Dan didn't have much to say. He took the ball and dribbled a bit then took a shot mid-court.

"Nice." Jory wasn't so sure how Dan was feeling these days. After all, being a new dad with a newborn meant plenty of sleepless nights. Jory asked about that.

"Here's the thing, Angel can sleep through just about anything," Dan said as if that wasn't normal.

"Just give him time," Jory shrugged back. "You guys don't have Hope around, do you?"

"Not yet." Dan was even-lipped about it.

"She'll keep him awake," Jory smiled.

"I'm not sure when..well, Ivy doesn't want to talk about it."

"What?" Jory winced hard. "You guys aren't sharing custody with Jay anymore?"

"I dunno. They let it slide, I guess. You know with Angel being born and all those complications before." Dan said Ivy hadn't seen Hope since Thanksgiving.

"What?" Jory practically yelped. He only sighed. 

"Ivy's mad at Jay and so she's not talking to him at all," Dan told him.

"But why?" Jory caught the ball from Dan and took a shot. It bounced back but the second time he made it through the hoop.

"Jay got married."

"Oh."

"We have not gotten married." Dan sounded as if that was the real clincher that didn't seem to bother Ivy.

"I see." Jory nodded.

"Jay didn't really know Lindy all that long, either and well..." Dan only shrugged about the matter but took the ball and made a lay-up. 

"Well, I know she has a lot on her mind, but she can't leave Hope out of this. Hope needs to know her brother. It's not all about Ivy, you know. You need to speak up. Sounds like she's a real procrastinator."

"Maybe." Dan kept quiet as if no way was he one to move mountains.

21 comments:

  1. What a complicated situation. I hope everything ends well and leaving everyone happy.
    X
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. family issues are always comliicated...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for Dan. I wish Ivy felt better being with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a serious family problem. They ought to think about Hope instead of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds interesting, complicated, hopefully everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm... Dan seems to have some issues he's working out w/ Ivy, re: Hope and Ja and everything else. I hope Ivy and Jay can work things out... ??

    ReplyDelete
  7. problems of life....
    I believe it will be going OK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Las cosas se complican. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grazie Ellie รจ sempre un piacere passare a leggerti!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola!! Parece que todo se complica. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do agree Dan needs to speak up, but also can understand why he's not, you know? Such a complicated situation...Ellie, I love how you always find ways to make things interesting:)
    PS I've read so many things (good and bad) about CoHo's It Ends With Us! I am so curious as I've never read any of her stuff. And yes....I love Libby too! I really like it much better than the older Overdrive.
    Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe it will be going OK

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always capturing life issues so well in your writing ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Other amazing chapter, like always
    I love your style, your characters (they aree totally wonderful) and your stories.
    Have an incredible week
    A big hug ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. xo
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Buongiorno cara Ellie, la lettura รจ sempre molto piacevole ed i personaggi sono davvero fantastici, un abbraccio e buona settimana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning dear Ellie, the reading is always very pleasant and the characters are really fantastic, a hug and good week ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Thanks!

      Delete
  17. Another heart-to-heart over b-ball! As always, I really enjoy how the guys in your stories are in touch with their feelings. Speaking of which, it's so sad about Dan and Ivy. When he said, "We have not gotten married," and then compared himself to Jay, who married a girl he barely knew, it's like, yeah. Hopefully, they can sort it out.

    Thanks so very much for including my colorblock cactus in the collage! I was so psyched to see it next to that super cute sandal! ๐ŸŒต๐Ÿงก๐ŸŒต๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒต

    ReplyDelete