Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Keep track of the visions in my eyes


 

It was a good game. At least Alfie and Gage were good losers. 

Dory guessed he could get used to this kind of comradery. He'd never had that before. Maybe he was just as much a dufus as Cedric on the sideline, but they didn't have to play.

Still,  a lunch on burgers gave him a chance to speak up about what was happening with Stan's daughter Amy and the violin lessons.

"I don't think she's interested," Dory started.

"What? Jen says she sounds great. She listens in on all those lessons."

Stan told him as he finished off a milkshake. Dory smiled back. It felt as if Stan was out of his element too. He was a man who always came to the coffee shop for his caffeine needs and muffins for his girls.

"See," Dory squinted and nursed his bottom lip. "The thing is." He took a deep breath as he looked over to Cedric, who of course gave him that 'go on glare'.

"It's Eli she's listening to."

"Eli!" Stan's voice echoed through the building. "What do you mean?"

"Amy's got him wrapped around her little finger," Dory told him. "But he's really good at violin."

Stan fumed. "Jen's going to be so mad." It was like he should have figured this out before now. 

"I don't know what to do," Dory told him. "I love having Eli for a student, but I..I should refund you." It hurt to have to go through with it, especially in these hard times when everything was becoming a fortune.

"NO," Stan was adamant. "I dunno what to think about Amy. She doesn't want Jen and me together. She's showing her true colors." Stan nodded with a straight lip. "She doesn't even care if she's wasting her mother's money."

"What about Eli?" Dory didn't want to lose him as a student.

"We'll have a talk. I'll make sure he gets a good violin. Maybe we can make a deal. But don't worry, you'll get your money. " He told him. "If this kid's got a future in classical music, I want to help."

Dory nodded. He liked that idea, but in his heart, he knew it might be a foolish dream.

13 comments:

  1. Corey!!!!!

    Huh so Dory spilled and Stan is like ok. That must be a lod off Dory's

    ReplyDelete
  2. A violin, when played well, is barbaric, when not, it is a disaster. The same goes for human attitudes in life.
    (๊ˆแด—๊ˆ) Poetic and cinematographic greetings.
    ๐Ÿ’‹Kisses๐Ÿ’‹

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so interesting chapter! I love it
    Thanks for sharing, I hope you are well, I am so tired these days but I try to take time to visit your posts
    Have a nice day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that sounds interesting.
    Parents should support children if they are interested in something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uy ojalรก no deje su sueรฑo. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Acho lindo quem toca violino!
    Beijos nas bochechas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I played the violin in my childhood late years. Wasn't particularly good at it. Anyway, Dory is honest about Amy not being interested in the violin lessons.
    Perhaps her mother should know about that; lessons cost money.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The violin drama is heating up! I like that it might lead to big things for Eli.

    The smiley face shirt is cool! ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒˆ

    ReplyDelete