Thursday, April 25, 2024

Just wishing that I had just something you wore



 "You will go back, won't you?" Harley found some alone time with KC even if it was in her own room. Yes, it was practically after midnight, but there was some time they could actually see each other while he was on Spring Break.

"I guess," but he didn't sound as if he could make it out there. Especially with everything that went down with Ruby. "She hates me," he said about Ruby. Even if the bed wobbled just a little. She couldn't help to be happy that he was here with her. Maybe shades of green prevailed in her scope of things, but it felt so meant to be as she looked into his dark brown eyes.

"Maybe..maybe she was just-"

"No, I think it's over." KC shook his head that he wouldn't even try. "I don't want to make her a mean girl. I just-" He sighed as if he'd messed up. "She..she might have some anger issues."

"Really?" Harley cringed at the thought. Suddenly she remembered right before she became diabetic and  how things went down with Rafe. Oh, she wouldn't get into it now.

"I want you to be happy," she found herself taking both of his hands. "You were happy last year when  you were playing all those music festivals." Somehow, she knew they were friends forever. That's all they would ever be.

"I don't know, I haven't played..in like forever." He looked so grim. Not the guy she remembered. They were so in tune with each other back then. Still, it was a bit dreamy having him here with the lights so low. They were whispering. And she felt so sad about that.

KC talked about growing up and how he played his electric guitar everyday in the the livingroom at home.

"Hey, you weren't so bad on the drums, either," Harley's smile was open. "You taught me everything I know."

"Yeah, right," he almost laughed back, but then gave her a hug, right there on her bed. He confessed he'd missed her so much. "I don't want you to hate me. I want you to be with Brick." But tears were in his eyes. She thought she might crumble too. 

She knew she had no business being with KC, but it felt so right. 

9 comments:

  1. Very good -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uy genial fragmento. Lo dejaste muy interesante. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think KC is doing the right thing, but is it? Maybe Harley needs to rethink what she really wants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that's interesting again.
    I wish you a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breakups can't be easy for sure.
    I found this episode bit sad actually

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes, friendships have to be given up for relationships.

    ReplyDelete