Tuesday, June 30, 2026

The 4th is coming



 1. Damn, if those fireworks are ruining my week. The smoke is giving me headaches.

2. I have to work extra this week just to have Friday off. 

3. Can't watch the news. D.C. and the president are on the brink of God knows what, and I'm afraid he's just bluffing, as usual.

4. This holiday just isn't what it used to be. You know, poke cakes, and other cold treats with a backyard BBQ. 

5. It's just too hot to do anything. And I think that will be what July has in store for us. That is, if the state doesn't burn up with grass fires.


Yeah, not exactly what I was hoping for. Be careful out there.

-Crystal

13 comments:

  1. Tomara que, mesmo com quase tudo contra, você tenha um ótimo feriado!
    Beijos nas bochechas! 😘🌺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, even with almost everything against you, you will have a great holiday!
      Kisses on the cheeks! 😘🌺
      Thank you so much! All the best to a beautiful July!

      Delete
  2. I think unfortunately nothing is like it used to be.
    (ꈍᴗꈍ) Poetic and cinematic greetings.
    💋Kisses💋 ©Theda Bara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy July 4th!-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I felt like celebrating; but there doesn't seem to be anything to celebrate. Everyday the orange turd does something else disgusting, criminal etc. And his pathetic state fair is a disgrace. So much has happened there, loss of electricity, ferris wheel breaks down, ice cream melted, pieces of the stage almost hit dancers, foam and broken pieces of his stupid arch, and the guy dressed as Uncle Sam masterbating and getting arrested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Yes, I understand where you are coming from. I have had a chance to see some of these articles online too about the Great American 4th festivities from someone. Wishing you much happiness this weekend. Of course, mainly thunderstorms here.

      Delete
  5. Wszystkiego najlepszego z okazji z 4 lipca. Spóźnione ale szczere życzenia. Z głębi serca.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I said, our traditional 4th of July didn't have the same glamour as in previous years. But here, everything went well, and I hope you also had a good, peaceful, and happy day.
    (ꈍᴗꈍ) Poetic and cinematic greetings.
    💋Kisses💋 ©Theda Bara.

    ReplyDelete
  7. simple ,honest and brief expression of what we are going through on this planet right now
    hats off to you dear Ellie !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally miss those simple childhood holidays with ice-cold poke cakes and backyard barbecues before everything felt so complicated and hot. Turning off the news is probably the best decision you could make right now because the political drama in D.C. has been absolutely exhausting. Take care of yourself, stay in the AC, and definitely treat yourself to some cold dessert to escape this heat wave.

    ReplyDelete