Wednesday, April 2, 2008

lunch, what's left of it anyway

Something was bothering Roxie, Ellie could tell because she wouldn't sit still at lunch. She kept pacing about the cafeteria. "What have you done to her?" Ellie asked Leia.

"What? Me?" Leia laughed with a shrug. "I've done nothing."

"Isn't she Nick's-"

"Ex." Leia reminded her.

"I don't think its officially over, Leia." Ellie went back to her turkey sandwich on white and crunched on Cheetos.

"Were you not here the day she threw that fit about how she couldn't trust him anymore, and he wasn't worth having around if he was going to be so suspicious." Leia turned to Ellie while taking a Cheetos.

"I guess I didn't really notice." Ellie kept her shoulders in hoping Roxie wouldn't see her. But Roxie stopped suddenly behind Ellie.

"I know it was you. I saw you two!" She screamed in Ellie's ear.

Ellie sat, looking straight ahead as if she didn't know she was talking to her.

"What are you talking about?" She finally looked back at Roxie who was standing there as if she was ready for her own spring fashion show with her silky pink tunic barely gracing her thighs. Ellie thought she would have been sent home for some jeans for that sort of outfit.

"You know very well what you've done." She pointed at Ellie.

"No I don't." She looked Roxie straight in the eye.

"Don't mess with my boyfriend." She squinted.

"I didn't." Ellie looked at Leia who wouldn't even look Ellie's way.

Roxi had her fist ready for a show down.

"Look, there's no need to be a drama queen," Ellie laughed. "Nothing happened."

"Oh, so you were with him?" This meant war. Ellie could see it in Roxie's fierce dark eyes.

"No, it wasn't like that at all. I don't even know your boyfriend." Ellie got up then, wondering what was the right thing to do. Let this psycho take a punch at her or run.

She waited for Roxie's move who stared back glaring. Before she could think another second, Ellie pulled her sandwich apart and slapped a slice of bread with mayo across Roxie's chest.

She got a standing ovation, but a trip to the dean's office.

4 comments:

  1. She was MTVs artist of the week last week (on during commecial break singin' french)..btw slapping something on someone sounds like something I'd do to somebody..I'd probably get my ass kicked in the end, but hey, I like your blog anyways!! :)
    [[thanks4commenting, btw]]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a good writer. I like your blog, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. This is a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that was funny!

    ReplyDelete