Tuesday, February 17, 2009

where ever you are


Of course, Ellie had to make Elliot wait. They almost missed their dinner reservation at the Sushi House. It seemed everyone and their Aunt was out to dinner.

"What made me want to do this?" Ellie felt out of her element. She wished she was at home. She wished she'd called her sister to see if she were all right. What was Amanda doing? Was Kyle with her?

Really, she hadn't been in the mood for a big date. She felt lethargic and perhaps sick.

"I should have just stayed in bed." She'd said and then she regretted saying it because she knew Elliot would think she was talking about something else.

Luckily, they didn't stay long. No, sushi feeding each other, like she imagined. True, she wasn't exactly sold on sushi yet. What was the matter with her?

Eric was with somebody new. That's what hurt the worst.

"You're sure you're OK?" Elliot looked puzzled. She knew he was trying his best to make Valentines day special. But all she could think about was Eric.

He kissed her in the cold as they walked around the old market. The horse carriages were out in full force too. Eric, she thought.

"Well, what do you want to do?" Elliot cuddled to keep warm. She breathed in his rich cologne. She hadn't a clue what it was. But it was nice and she just felt herself being closer to him. Closer.

"Lets go on a carriage ride," she smiled. Suddenly, it felt like a great idea. Wasn't that where everyone wanted to be?

8 comments:

  1. Hi there-I'm intrigued as to whether Ellie wants Eric back. Its never too late to change her mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Everyone and their aunt"- thta's such a cool phrase. You know English is not my native language, so I'm always amazed when I learn new things :)
    Poor Elliot... But that Ellie is thinking of Eric is not his fault. What's that saying? You only learn to appreciate how much you love someone when they're not there anymore... Sad but true.
    Oh!! I remember the carriage chapter! Wasn't it when Eric asked Ellie for a - more physical relationship? I liked that chapter. I'm going to re-read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Ellie's still part of an E&E, so it can't be all bad, no matter which way you look at it. Keep going.

    Thanks for the comment. I was talking to Liz yesterday and she's all, "It's weird to already know all about the characters when the story's just starting out." Which is true. It's even weird for me . . . and everyone knows what's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wooo..I hope Ellie knows what she's up too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm, we'll see.
    not sold on sushi or not sold on elliot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. terrific! thats another one i havent seen yet. guess ill have something to do next singles awareness day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I like the phrase "everyone and their aunt" too, although I usually say "everyone and their mother" for some reason... And I like sushi okay. It's not the greatest, but if someone offers it to me I guess I'll eat it. *shrug*

    Thanks! And yep, I'll be 15 this summer. I feel young :p

    ReplyDelete