Friday, March 20, 2009

hurt

Don't want hurt you
Try not to mess with your feelings
It's just a matter of trust, for us, for lust
Don't want hurt you
Try not to fuck with your feelings
It's just a matter of trust, for us, for lust

You should come over
Cause I can tell from your eyes
Why won't you tell me what's really on your mind
Too much confusion
You need a little more time
So many times now we've been through this before

Don't want hurt you
Try not to mess with your feelings
It's just a matter of trust, for us, for lust
Don't want hurt you
Try not to fuck with your feelings
It's just a matter of trust, for us, for lust

Can we start over
Or should I leave you behind?
Give me an answer
But please don't tell me the truth
What's your solution?
You can't make up your mind
This is my answer, you know I wanna leave

Don't say you just wanna go!
Don't you know you're on your own?
Don't say you just wanna go!
Don't you know you're on your own?

Don't want hurt you
Don't want hurt you
Try not to mess with your feelings
It's just a matter of trust, for us, for lust
Don't want hurt you
Try not to fuck with your feelings
It's just a matter of trust, for us, for lust

Don't say you just wanna go!
Don't you know you're on your own?
Don't say you just wanna go!
Don't you know you're on your own?

Don't want hurt you
Don't want hurt you
Try not to mess with your feelings
Don't say you just wanna go
Don't want hurt you
Don't want hurt you
Try not to mess with your feelings
Don't say you just wanna go
Don't want hurt you
Don't want hurt you
Try not to fuck with your feelings
Don't say you just wanna go

- the sounds


Eric was home. Ellie wasn't sure if that was luck or not. It seemed he'd been avoiding her, as usual. But he answered the door, and they were alone. Finally.

"What are you doing here?" He winced and she'd expected it. She supposed.

Funny, she didn't have a good answer for him. She didn't.

"Eric," She said his name too loud. She knew, but it wasn't a play, now was it? "I didn't mean for it to be this way." She shook her head, no.

He stood there staring. No response. Nothing. Just hugging himself, perhaps.

"I don't know what you want from me," he shook his head.

"I just want us to go back, you know. That's all." She thought she might cry, but she held it in.

"Go back?" He looked at her, almost smiling. "And what? Fuck each other over and over again," he then winced. "Is that what this is about? Is that all I'm good for?" he gritted then.

"Please," Ellie was hurt he'd even talk that way. "Don't say that. That's not us. That's not the way it is." Her throat was parched, and she felt tangled in her words. It felt like spit in her mouth.

"But it is." His eyes lit. "I have you all figured out." He was calm, and yet he'd caught her off guard.

"No." She was sad, but more hurt that he could say this to her. It felt more like a stumble when her hands went forward, and she caught herself from falling when she clung on to his arms in front of him.

He pushed her away, instantly, shaking his head, no.

"Don't even think it." He scowled. "I never want you to touch me, again."

"I don't believe you." Ellie shook her head, no.

"What? Now its all my fault? Is that it?" He squinted hard. "Is that how it is? Am I to blame?" He grimaced more as he came close. So close, she was sure he was going to kiss her. Her neck perhaps. Leave one of is wonderful love marks as he liked to call them.

She felt his hot breath on her ear then.

"I hate you, Ellie," he whispered so carefully, "and I always will."

Ellie felt a shiver then as her mouth slightly quivered.

"Now just go! Get the fuck away from me!" he drew a breath then and with that he opened the door and showed her out. She jumped back in the hallway.

It was all so foreign now. Them. The possibility that everything could just bounce back.

"I thought we should talk." It felt like someone else talking, not her. It had to be done. Something had to be final. Didn't it.

He just shook his head as if somehow he'd turned off the ability to speak. The door slammed shut.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, powerful post. I think Ellie just needs to disappear for a while in his life, and maybe sometime in the future she can work things out. He just needs space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there-They both have different outlooks, Ellie needs to leave Eric alone for a while, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was shocked by what he said. But then, guys are like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool song! Isn't that Leigh Lezark in the photo in the video?
    ...It was Ellie. I could have guessed.
    Oh, Ellie. She wants her and Eric to go back to the way we was, but I think she has to realise that it can't be. They've tried once and it didn't work. They've changed.
    I just listened tot he line "you can't make up your mind" in the SOunds song. That seems to fit Ellie best.
    Oh no... If I was Ellie, I would be so scared now. I hate you is a strong thing to say, and an even stronger thing to WHISPER. I think if he'd shouted it, Ellie could have dealt with it better.
    Is she crazy? I agree with Sharon, she should leave him alone for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You turned the tables a bit..I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eric can really get mad. I'm glad it didn't get abusive.

    ReplyDelete