Monday, March 16, 2009

not yet

"Uh, she doesn't go to my school," Eric was trying to explain Amanda to Olivia. "She's one of my best friends', girlfriend."

"Do you wish you were with them?" Olivia mumbled, sitting there like a China doll waiting for a party that might never come.

Eric smiled, he understood what she said. It was amazing. This was just what he'd been waiting for. Why couldn't it have happened sooner? All this time wasting when in fact he knew if he'd tried then maybe things would have been a whole different. But it was never too late. At least not yet.

"No, no, I'm glad I'm with you." His smile was open. "So what do you want to order?"

"Ice cream," she said as she stirred cream in her coffee.

"Ice cream? Or we celebrating something?" Eric couldn't help but bit his bottom lip.

"I feel like an ice cream sundae. That party sucked. Big time." She told him.

"I'm glad you're not there." And he was. "Did your friend leave?"

"Yeah, she went off with these guys." She looked sad then. "I didn't want to go."

"I'm glad." Eric raked his fingers through his hair. Really, he wasn't so mad at Ellie, not like he thought he would be. What made him bitter, was this thought of Ellie who made him feel he was the bad one in this situation when in fact she was just as much to blame. He wanted to believe anyway.

"Lets order ice cream sundaes," Eric found himself smiling. It was settled. He'd ignore Ellie, completely. Perhaps she'd never know he was there. It definitely wasn't time for a confrontation. At least, not yet.

9 comments:

  1. Hi there-hopefully there doesn't have to be a confrontation, if they both are going their own ways now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, it has been so long since my last stop over here.....

    have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ice cream always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how its going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, so much to catch up on... This has been a stressful month so far, please do excuse me for my absences.
    I'm just reading the part where Eric picks Olivia up from the party. It's so horrible and funny at the same time, him not understanding anything she says. And: A relationship over the computer never equals the real thing.
    Well, I don't think either it was Ellie's wisest move to bring Elliot to that film. She'll have to decide between Elliot and Eric. She can't have both.
    I think Eric and Ellie should sort things out for good. I get Eric's point in this chapter. Of course, he is partly to blame, but so is Ellie. It always takes two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like eric.
    i look forward to reading this!
    mxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how Eric seems so awkward in this. He's still a little uncomfortable around Ellie ^^ Cute.
    An ice cream sundae always cheers me up :) Häagen Dazs dulce de leche too, hehee.

    A million thanks for your sweet comment, Ellie. I'm starting to cool off, now. I wrote that post at almost midnight yesterday, I was still so nervous.
    And I didn't want people to think that I was some kind of suicidal melodramatic brat either. I'm not.
    Thank you so much for the support.

    What about you, what have you been up to lately?

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://samecodesignswewantourhouse.blogspot.com/

    check it out:)

    and mmmmmmmm ice cream sounds good now:)

    ReplyDelete