Thursday, February 11, 2010

no worries

The wind was starting to howl out. Eric was thankful they came home when they did, but Syd had left everything behind. Everything from a coat to a laptop. What were they going to do? And Syd hadn't called Kip either, which he hadn't asked her too. He didn't want her too, yet he knew she should.

He called Ellie who picked up on the first ring. Still it was a shock to hear her voice.

"Uh, Ellie, what are you doing?" Eric wished he was better at asking for help, but he didn't know how to exactly explain it to her. He didn't want her to think he'd kidnapped Syd.

"Not that much. Do you need something?"

"Yeah, Syd's here."  He so wished she had a bunch of Syd's stuff stached here in the ceiling or something, but there were no secret compartments in the studio apartment. "And, and you wouldn't have any extra old coats laying around I could borrow? Or, old clothes for that matter."

"Um, maybe. I have a coat my mother gave me that I never use. I mean, its fine, but its this huge parka and, you know, I'm short and all." She told him. Eric looked at Syd, thinking she was taller than Ellie.

"Do you mind if we come over, you know, we..we left in sort of a hurry, and didn't want to have to think it through about security and all at the airport. You know, how they are these days. The less you carry with you, the better. Sorry, but could we? Could we come over?"

"Sure, the place is a mess, but sure, come over."

That was a sigh of relief. Now if Syd could just tell Kip where she was and not to worry.

5 comments:

  1. Really, happy that Ellie can help out in their situation. Especially with a parka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like his friends will help them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    That sweater is a rectangle, so I let one side hang straight down, and threw the other side over my shoulder, pinned it up, and belted it. :D Hopefully that helps!

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!

    That sweater is a rectangle, so I let one side hang straight down, and threw the other side over my shoulder, pinned it up, and belted it. :D Hopefully that helps!

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete