Sunday, April 4, 2010

like a TV show

I just want to live my life like it’s the 90’s, like it’s a TV show. There could be problems, but we would solve them on next week’s episode.-secret handshake

Roger was still in the shock of it. He just didn't think he'd wake up alone. But he had. And he couldn't top replaying it in his head how it happened. Right here in this room not so long ago.

"I think we should see other people." Olivia shrugged as if she'd came in and told him he needed to use a hair conditioner for his sweet hair.

"You're leaving me!" His voice had carried through the house, he guessed. Maybe not. No one came running. Just the quiet prevailed.

"Not exactly." She winced. "OK, I've decided that maybe I'm not the best thing for you and..."

"No. no." He shook his head when he heard that line, but he couldn't stop looking at that expression on her face. He really didn't want to see her that way, nor to think he was the cause of it. "You don't think I'm the best thing for you. That's what it is." He nodded then.

"What if we're both bad for each other?" She was sad. He hated to see her cry. It wasn't exactly a fight. But she didn't want to be with him, anymore.

There was almost a laugh in his throat when he thought of how it was and what it was now. She was still here. Just not with him. She was with someone else.

He knew what he wanted to do. He was going march right down there to the basement and bang his fist into Ravi's door and tell them both to leave. Now. Roger saw himself doing it. He saw it perfectly clear.

But then he didn't. He didn't want to be remembered that way. Somehow. For one thing, the semester wasn't over. His dad still needed rent, and he wasn't getting anything from Eric and Syd, just yet. He told Eric he didn't want anything from him. He did want to help them out. He'd said they could live here as long as they wanted. Rent free. It was the least he could do, under the circumstances.

It was as if little explosions were going off everywhere around him. First with Eric and Syd. Her problem with this stalker. Now the baby. And Amanda, what the hell had happened there? Then this little surprise with Olivia when he thought she was the one person he could count on.

Now Roger felt so cold. The little things really did mean a lot. He knew that now, but it was just a little too late.

6 comments:

  1. I know Roger isn't perfect. But still..I'm a little sweet on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Roger has a lot on his plate at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure he has lots to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say...I feel for Roger right now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost forgot...Happy, Happy Easter, my love! I hope your day is full of chocolate-covered bunnies and colorful eggs!! :)

    ReplyDelete