Monday, March 28, 2011

not gonna lie

"Why did you tell him to do that?" Ravi was furious with Olivia. "Roger deserved everything he had coming to him, and you know it?"

"Just where are we going to go?" Olivia fretted trying to make do with the leftovers of the waffles in the kitchen. "I-I feel close to Amber, and I know she feels lost right now. Things are not gonna change at her folks. What about her? She needs us."

"Well, she doesn't need Roger." He poured what was left of the cold coffee down the drain.

"Yeah, but-but this is his place. And-and this is home, All right?" She looked at him.

"But it doesn't have to be?" He gave her back a stare. They could find their own place. They needed some place just for them.

"It can wait. We need to keep saving." She shrugged.

Ravi shook his head, but went back to cleaning up the kitchen as if nothing bad had ever happened.

"I really wished I'd been here for that fight." Ravi sighed as he put things away while she wiped down the table and counter.

"You know, I had no idea, anything was going on between Roger and Amber. I would have at least said something. Why didn't she tell me?" She sounded hurt about that.

"Well, it wouldn't have been a secret if she'd told you." Ravi reminded her.

She was finally done with her part. She yawned.

"Is that a sign or something that we need to get back to bed?" He grinned then. "We both have off today, and what have we done? Clean house."

She hugged him then. It was well into the afternoon now. He wanted to ask if she were up for a matinee. She mentioned they hadn't gotten around to seeing the Friday Night Lights series she'd gotten for Christmas.

"All right then. It is a snow day. We are suppose to be staying in." His chin rubbed the top of her head." He hoped Roger was behaving himself.

13 comments:

  1. I think they should move. I'm on Ravi's side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Olivia is doing the right thing. I have to wonder how she really feels about Roger, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could be interesting for them to find their own place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ravi might need to discuss this more with Olivia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think getting their own place might be a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that she has ambers back, classy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, they are caught in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its funny how one thing can effect everyone in the house..or friends, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I hope those two won't break up over this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so good around each other :)

    ReplyDelete