Thursday, March 24, 2011

snapping back

Doyle wasn't sure what to think of Kyle's brother when he asked him if he could help with the waffles. Sam went to the fridge, first thing. "Waffles just aren't waffles without Cool Whip."

"Sam won't burn them." Kyle shrugged. "I need to talk to you."

"Yeah, sure." Doyle looked at him as if he didn't think it was about waffles. "What's up?"

"I'm gonna move out," Kyle said.

"Really? Did you get a new job or something?" Doyle grinned. He wasn't expecting to hear that.

"I wish. I wish that's what this was about." Kyle wouldn't smile. "How are things with you and Roger?"

"OK, I guess." It felt strange that Kyle would ask about the two of them.

Kyle nodded.

"Amber broke up with me." Kyle told him then.

"God, I had no idea, anything was even wrong?" Doyle looked at Kyle with disbelief. "I mean, I know we don't talk much. She seems to be here when I'm not."

"Yeah, evidently." Kyle sighed. "Look, I don't know what exactly happened between Amber and Roger, but-"

"Roger?" Doyle thought he might be dizzy. "What are you trying to tell me?"

"Roger. They've been messing around." Doyle first thought they'd been eating chocolate together, or something...the way Kyle said it.... and then it hit him what Kyle was talking about. Doyle looked at him wide-eyed. He looked up to see Roger coming through the front door. Doyle shook his head in disgust. The first thing he thought of was his health. Everyone's health. He laid into Roger before he could think twice.

Kyle and Sam pulled Doyle off Roger before Doyle got a second  punch. He'd never wanted to beat up anyone...until now.

8 comments:

  1. oh noooo, worst part over. now what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the cat is officially out of the bag! :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so sad for Doyle, because he really was faithful to Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha..the thought of them eating chocolate together. Oh, Doyle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have hit Roger. I would be so furious with him.

    ReplyDelete