Tuesday, June 14, 2011

a road not taken

Sam liked Rachel. He liked just about everything about her, except her driving. He supposed if he hadn't been so nice on that first 'date' well, there might not have been another one. He just about lost it when he thought they were going to be killed on that left turn she made in that little TRACKER jeep she drove.

"Well, its really not even mine." She told him after she drove him home. "I just borrowed it."

"You don't seem like the borrowing type." He told her. And she didn't.

"I know, but my Dad would never let me have my own vehicle. I'm-I'm going to buy this, though. One way or another." She promised.

Sam wasn't sure if he even wanted to know how she was going to do this. Her parents seemed pretty rigid. He had a feeling she didn't even tell them that she'd asked him out.

"Where are you really suppose to be, tonight?" Sam wanted to know.

"Babysitting." Rachel sighed. She then told him how many times she'd been engaged. "Maybe I don't want to get married."

"Or maybe you just don't want your parents marrying you off." Sam almost teased, but he meant well.

"I know they want me to leave home. But I could only marry, to do that." She confessed.

"And-"

"No. No, really I'm not..asking or wanting you-" She gave him a strange look. "I just need the guts to, leave. And I want to. One day."

"It might be next week." He smiled then.

Rachel sighed. She let a smile slip too. Yeah, it was kind of nice, being her friend.

7 comments:

  1. Good to see them getting along, so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, I think something might be happening here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, a little crazy but in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaaah, matt lanter! *sigh*

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah so many of my friends are engaged at the moment, it's exciting!

    ReplyDelete