Sunday, July 17, 2011

before you know it



"So was this your idea of us getting together?" Lon just grinned at Sam as he was getting his grill ready for their quick cookout when Sam showed up with Rachel who was in the house with Ellie and all the kids.

"Well, Kyle said he isn't ready for us to come home." Sam sighed, then told Lon about his very messy room.

"I see." Lon kept smiling.

"Yeah, I don't think Rachel will want to stay if she sees how I keep house. Honestly, I'm not a hoarder, even if Kyle thinks I am." Sam shrugged.

"So what does Kyle think about this?" Lon was even in shock finding out they'd gotten married.

"Lets not go there." Sam shook his head. "He thinks I've lost it, completely now. Maybe I have. We'll just have to see where this goes."

"So how is it going?" Lon thought the last place any newlyweds would want to be, would be at their house.

"Strange." Sam admitted. "I mean, we're friends. We're really good friends. Its just..." He got a bit melancholy then. "I hated to see her with those people. She just didn't belong there. Next thing I know, I'm saying, we should get married. I really wasn't going to. I was thinking how maybe I could help her... find her own place to live, but then I thought..well, she'll be with me..meanwhile..and..and..I've never been with a virgin before."

"Maybe, its best not to dwell on that fact." Lon told him. He went to get the New York Strips in the house. He came back to put them on the sizzling grill. He looked up to see Sam, still waiting for some other sort of instruction. "Hey, it'll happen when it happens. Just have some fun getting there."

Sam nodded.

6 comments: