Thursday, February 9, 2012

what if

"Are, you, all right?" Willow knew something was wrong. Jules' eyes were red and he looked as if he had the worst cold ever. He couldn't have gotten that sick in a couple of hours.

He nodded, a bit choked up. He wasn't sketching, possibly not even sleeping but in bed with his shoes still on, hugging himself.

"What happened?" She winced.

"Its nothing I can do." He pushed away tears with the palm of his hand.

"Its your Mom? Is she all right?" She set next to him as he set at the edge of the bed. She placed her hand on his back and he almost caved in.


"She's fine." He sighed.

"Well, you must have gotten some bad news." She watched his face swell with tears.

"I'm just a selfish prick, that's all there is to it." He could barely say above his breath.

"Don't say that, because it isn't true." She didn't believe it.

"But I am. If..If..I wasn't so.." He gritted then. "An idiot, I would have..I dunno... what I would have done..but.." He pressed his lips tight. "They took the baby away from Collette."

Willow stared into space. She drew a blank. It felt as if he were talking about French movie. She didn't even know what this Collette looked like.

"How did you find out?" Immediately, she knew Collette must have called him. Said something to upset him this way. "What did she say to you?"

"She didn't call me." Finally Jules looked at her. "Jonah."

"Jonah? What does he have to do with any of this?" She cringed.

"He called, and he was worried about -"

"He never worries about anything." Willow snapped. "How..how would he know?"

"He was worried about Gilly." Jules sighed. "So..so I find out from Gilly, what happened. Somehow, he feels responsible for ..what happened. Because, Collette was drunk, she left Tristan home alone..and.."

"Whats gonna happen to the baby?" Willow didn't know what Jules thought he should do.

"I dunno. Gilly wants to ..I think, adopt him, maybe. But I don't see how." Jules shrugged.

"What should we do?" Willow thought maybe they should think about taking the baby, themselves.

"What?" Jules looked at her.

"I dunno. We could do it." That would just be crazy, she thought. Completely crazy, but maybe they should.

5 comments: