Thursday, March 8, 2012

really now



Topher felt a bit shaky. He didn't know that Jules. He looked at him wide-eyed now.

"Look, I didn't mean, to take it out, on you, like that. I didn't mean to, cause any problems." Seriously, he couldn't quite snap out of this. He didn't want to feel this kind of pain. "Its just, I need Willow..she's the one I go to. OK. I know, she's had to listen to a lot of my crap. Crap, I never intentionally, wanted her to even hear. Its just, this thing I do. I take her for granted. And if I felt bad, well..then..then I wanted her to feel what I was feeling. OK?"

Topher felt better for saying it. He probably never talked to a guy, as much as he did with Jules. It was kind of nice. Sure, there were the guys in the band, but it was business. It was just music. They didn't really hang out, all the time. Maybe if they did, the band would be more of a success, but Topher could only stand being around those guys, so much.

"You gotta get past your hang up, about the baby." Jules told him. "Take it from me, if..if I'd truly cared about ..about ..this girl..back home, it wouldn't have been a big deal about who was the baby's father. But it was. I felt she was picking someone to take the blame. And it was me. I really don't think Josie is like that." Jules shook his head. "She definitely likes you. I could see it. And you looked, well, you two looked pretty happy to have found each other. Is that something you want to slip away?"

Topher thought about what he said. Still, he felt so empty. Not sure what was expected of him now. He just didn't know he would be up for this, the boyfriend of someone, who was going to have someone else's baby.

They opened and the rush poured in. They were busy the first two hours. It was steady the third hour. It was good to be busy and not think what he was suppose to do.

"Here, we've got four short breads, left. You take them to her." Jules wrapped them up and put them in a bag.

"But, she's probably in school." Topher wasn't sure he was ready.

"Well, call her up." Jules told him.

Topher sighed as if this was some sort of leap that was bigger than any canyon out there.

"You can do it. Right now, all you have to do is listen." Jules wrapped up two slices of quiche then and two apples. "I want the meal to be well rounded, you know." Jules shoved him the bag. "Go on. Do it." Jules went back to the register, and took care of the customers waiting.

11 comments:

  1. Love that Jules did a turn around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what Jules has been through has actually helped him become a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy Jules is a better guy than he used to be. Maybe Topher will be too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post once again.Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you, hope you have a great day and happy blogging!
    Aimee
    www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, you go jules! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete