Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Not always Mr. Bright Side

I love you




Ruben wished Dorian wasn't so hung up on his friends. Especially, Luc, but he kept thinking it would work its self out. However, Dorian being the best man in Jason's wedding was a different manner.

"I don't even know why, you, got involved in the first place." Ruben would have never found himself in a situation like this. But then none of the people he knew were getting married. Also, he'd always been the kind of guy who would ask, 'what's in it for me'. But he was changing. Maybe.

"Have you even told him about me?" Ruben asked as they were doing something mundane at home, pairing socks together from the pile on the livingroom couch.

"I will." Dorian shrugged, but Ruben could tell he was putting it off.

"I think you should just tell him no." Ruben remembered the last wedding he went too. Of course, he'd met Dorian then. But neither were drinking anymore.

"I can't do that." Dorian winced as if he had to be kidding. "I'm too far into this, you know." He sighed. "He needs me. He does."

"Are you sure? Absolutely, sure? Do you know how he'd feel if..if he knew you were bringing ..me, to this wedding?" Ruben wanted to know. "Why can't you, just tell him?"

He was on the phone with Jason a lot. Not once had he over heard Dorian talk about him.

"It just..hasn't come up. You know, tuxedo fittings, the bachelor party." Dorian shrugged.

"You, have to be kidding me." Ruben smirked. He couldn't help but think how ridiculous that would be. Dorian in charge of a bachelor party. "You're not actually going, are you?"

Ruben's dark eyes looked at Dorian, oh so serious.

"I have too." Dorian sounded as if there was no way out of it.

Ruben was certain of it now. He wanted Jason to know Dorian had a significant other. At the moment, it felt like a nightmare, waiting to happen.

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't know what to do. If I were Dorian I'd be up front with Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that is really awkward! I hope that he tells him soon, wedding is coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think its all Dorian's fault. I mean, he went in as Jason's best man..to be just that. He wasn't with Ruben at the time. I can see why he'd want to leave Ruben completely out of it. Maybe tell Jason after he gets married that he has a boyfriend..would probably be the right thing to do. The wedding is about Jason and his bride.

    ReplyDelete