Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Like a 1000 years ago

Like a 1000 years ago




"I just don't get it." Sky was serious, and yet a smile slipped. He was glad Josie came to see him at the library. "Why would Gage lie?"

He felt comfortable with Josie. He liked that she could confide in him.

"I dunno. He's so weird." She took a sip of the canned diet drink. "Halie's going to have her baby, any day now."

"Don't tell me, you want to be there?" His smile was open. He knew she was the kind who wanted to be there for her friends.

"No." She laughed and shook her head. "I wish I could be." And then she looked really sad.

"Its so scary, you know, and then you just feel as if you're in for the ride of a life time." She tried to smile as if the distant memory haunted her. "I felt really strong when..when I had Dylan. Now, its like it..it happened to someone else, not me."

He took her hand.  Suddenly, he was overwhelmed with her sadness.

"I just thought of my little sister when you said that. Sometimes, I felt more like a dad to her. You know, I had to look out for her. She was such an adorable baby. Its just..I always thought it would be US. Through..everything."

He knew now it was the moments in between that were just as important. Somehow, he knew he wasn't as strong as Star always made him to be. And yet, here he was. Someone did find strength in him.

"God, I'm such a baby." He grinned.

"I don't think so." Josie kissed him, and he couldn't help to kiss her back.

1 comment:

  1. Yay... I am glad Josie and Sky kissed... that is awesome ... :)

    ReplyDelete