Sunday, March 8, 2015

Its not all right

its not all right prt.1




Derrick knew no one really wanted to listen to him. Except that foreign fellow Alo who kept stopping by the diner for coffee. Derrick did know the guy went to the university.

And Alo really wanted to know more about that murder on the railroad tracks.

"I wish you'd stop thinking about it." Rossie looked at Derrick as if the whole mess intoxicated him. "What does it matter?" After all, there was the baby stuff to worry about, and she was always tired after  work.

"Because..I..I haven't heard a word from that Jaime, I..I used to know." Derrick felt a lump in his throat. There was a gut feeling that his friend from juv was dead.

"What was this Jamie to you?" Rossue was not in a good mood. Naturally, the baby was growing and taking over most of her body. They just might have a nine pound baby girl.

"Nothing." He hadn't meant to start anything, but it was a mystery to him. "I just felt bad, that's all. And..and if..well..he's out there all on his own. I just hope somebody cares. And I'm afraid..nobody cares." It did give him a sick feeling. There was nothing he could do about it. He was stuck. There weren't many places he could go. To work and the apartment.

"I'm sorry..I..I just thought..you know, that maybe...you two.."

"Oh. NO." He looked at her wide-eyed, thinking how could she think he would be involved with this Jamie? And then he figured out. Rossie was not feeling well. She was having contractions.

Its not all right prt.2



"Is the baby coming?" Camille wanted to know. Of course, it was only her who came to the emergency room. Everyone else was at home. She could tell by the look on Derrick's face that he hoped she would have called everyone.

"Braxton contractions." Derrick hugged himself, told her how he had to call his probation officer about  it. "I feel like an idiot."

"No. Don't say that. You did the right thing. Bringing her to the emergency room." She gave him a hug.

"I don't even have a driver's license." He sighed as if it were hopeless.

"Hey, in a couple of weeks you're getting the ankle bracelet off. And well, you'll work on getting a driver's license." Camille tried her best to sound hopeful.

"I really wanted to marry Rossie." He did sound as if it were too late. They could have gotten a tax break if they'd done so before the new year.

"Well, you can still marry her." Camille told him, but he looked as if he might jinx it. Finally, the nurses let her back to see Rossie.

She went to hold her hand. They still had her strapped up to the machines detecting the baby's every move.

"God, I want to get this over with." Rossie whimpered.

"Oh, but you'd have something new to worry about." Camille then smiled. She supposed she'd have to help with the wedding. Maybe there was a way to have a wedding before Derrick got the ankle bracelet off.


2 comments:

  1. I truly hope everything works itself out for all of them!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this works out for the best for all of them.. there is a lot of things still from the past...

    ReplyDelete