Thursday, November 17, 2016

baby talk

baby talk




"Have you ever thought of ..being a foster parent?" Josie was a little worried about Xander, who sounded a bit down about things with Dakota.

"I dunno. Maybe, but its too late for that, Joey's with us and now Ducky's brother... Jamie has moved in..and I've got classes." The timing did sound all wrong.

"Well, it doesn't have to be an infant, you know." She went to get the tea. They were having a regular tea party. Xander had decided to learn a new crochet pattern, so maybe he could show Dakota how to make a scarf.

"Yeah, I really hope we can adopt." Xander nodded. "I mean, I owe so much to my mom who raised me. I'd like too. I'm just not sure Ducky would be up for it. After all, we just started our life together..and you know."

"You, barely had a honeymoon." Josie reminded him. "You're probably right. A lot is going on, but don't forget about it."

"I won't." He bit into a cookie.

Allie started to fuss, as she waited for Josie to take her from the play pen. Allie could roll herself about, but she loved be with her Mommie the most. Soon enough, Allie was in Josie's lap, but when Xander finished his cookie, Josie handed her over to Xander.

Xander looked at her as if he wasn't so sure about this. Allie investigated his face, especially his hair. She could really grab things now.

Xander smiled.

"Oh, you know..you want a baby." Josie couldn't help but smile.

"I think seeing Allie...is plenty, right now." Xander assured her. He made funny faces at Allie. Of course, she drooled all over him.

1 comment:

  1. I do hope Xander thinks about Josie's suggestion - I think a foster child would bring so much joy into his life!

    xx

    ReplyDelete