Sunday, April 8, 2018

a part of the family



Ollie didn't know why his dad found everything so troubling, especially about Valentina.

"Of course, nothing happened when I was staying at her house." He glared back at his Dad. "I worked every day. I wasn't around much. I hardly saw her." Which was the truth? He wanted to go out with her, do things with her, but he didn't want her mother to start thinking they were in a real romance.

"You mean, Valentina hasn't told her mom that you two are going out?"  His dad looked a bit furious, but not really. Ollie was used to that stare of his father.

"I bet you've been up to no good," Ollie then smirked at his Dad. After all, his dad did go to Florida with his foster mom, Betty.

"What is that suppose to mean?" His dad was full of seriousness.

"Nothing." Ollie chuckled. "Hope you behaved yourself."

His dad only crossed his arms as if he didn't like Ollie's humor.

"Look, things are fine with me and Val. We're both working, we don't have time to fool around." Ollie smiled, but he let his Dad know that Valentina meant the world to him and he'd never want to hurt her. "She's the best thing that ever happened to me. I want to be a better person when I'm around her."

His dad only nodded, but was still even lipped.

"Besides, I bet Betty is the best thing that ever happened to you." Ollie was pretty sure his dad wasn't going to give up living here. "And I'm glad you found her and I'm glad you found me, too."

Finally, his Dad went in for a hug. It felt a little awkward at first, but it was good to hug his, after all this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment