Tuesday, April 3, 2018

about that thing we discussed before



"I dunno, if you should be playing with that baby," Will looked Ivy over, put his hand to her forehead. She didn't have a fever, but ten minutes ago she told him her throat was scratchy.

"I'm not sick yet." She squinted. Will tilted his head giving her glare. He knew she would be. He shook his head.

He'd noticed a change in her, ever since Winnie and Dole arrived with their baby girl Bella.

He took her hand and they bundled up to go outside.

"Are you still taking birth control?" He wanted to know.

She gave him an angry frown. She never went to Planned Parenthood with Gabby.

"I bet you don't even know where Planned Parenthood is." Will looked at his girlfriend seriously.

"Its, where all those religious protesters hang out." She shrugged.

Will shook his head, no. "That's the abortion clinic." It wasn't all that far from where he lived.

"Do you know where it is?" She looked up at him about directions to the Planned Parenthood.

"Not really. Probably in Omaha." They lived in an old Catholic town.

"What are you trying to tell me?" She was in a pout. "You thought I was on birth control?"

"You said you were. I didn't know. I didn't really.." He gritted.

"Were you going to take me there?"

He shook his head, no.

"Discuss it with your Mom." He squinted. "Go to your doctor-"

"I see a pediatrician." She looked hurt that he wouldn't do this one little thing for her.

Will winced hard. It didn't sound right getting birth control from a pediatrician, but he was sure they would recommend a place for her to go.

"Look, I'm sure Planned Parenthood would want you to go through your insurance, so that means, your parents need to know." Will nursed his bottom lip. Why had he ever discussed this with his father's girlfriend, Clare? Who had actually been more of a mom to him than the mom he remembered. "I guess we need to talk to your parents."

Ivy squinted as if she hated the idea to discuss such a thing with her parents. At this rate, maybe by the time they were thirty-something they might sleep together.

No comments:

Post a Comment