Wednesday, April 11, 2018

How's a girl to know


"Wow, that's big news," Holly said. "Who would of thunk it? Joon with a brother he never met."

Holly had a good laugh, even if she knew she shouldn't. She knew it was hard to be around family with family secrets. She didn't even like her own, but she rubbed her stomach and thought of the bundle of joy she and Dustin would have by October. She was happy to be back in the states.

She watched Natalie cut the lemon squares. Natalie wanted her over so they could catch up.

"How are you really feeling?" Natalie wanted to know about her pregnancy.

Holly shrugged. Yes, she'd had a bit of morning sickness that was always in the late afternoon. She was always exhausted, but if she ate early and in small meals, she didn't have indigestion. She did a lot walking, and she thought that helped too. Still, it was early in her pregnancy.


"I know, it's weird," Holly confessed. She was still getting used to being married. "But, I'm glad we did it." She told Natalie she didn't want to wait until she was in her thirties before having kids.

"Honestly, I didn't think you wanted kids." Natalie was even lipped, Holly smiled.

"Yeah, you were born to be a wife and mom." Holly half-way teased.

"I'm the worst at cooking, and-" Natalie winced hard. "We. Joon and I, we-well, we haven't even-" Natalie held her breath.

"What? Is Joon gay?" Holly shot her friend a look. "You should have done it, before you moved in together." Holly was a firm believer in having sex with someone before you moved in with them.

Natalie only sighed. "Maybe-maybe it's me." She frowned. Yes, she was still a virgin.

"Is Joon a virgin?" Holly asked, wondering if she needed to coach them.

She could tell she'd embarrassed Natalie.

"Evidently." Natalie shrugged.

Holly nodded. She might need Dustin's help to get to the bottom of this.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ellie,

    this is not related to the post/story, but I have no other way to reach you now and hope that this will come through.
    Since our beloved community is no more, I hope we can find another way to communicat. Please contact me through my blog or the linked social media there. It would make me really sad if our connection just ended like that, so I'm trying to reach out to you! I hope you're well. And I would love to hear from you soon!

    Lots of happy vibes, Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't resist commenting. Perfectly written!

    ReplyDelete