Monday, July 26, 2021

the little mysteries of relationships

 



Matty did have to wonder how different the date would have been if he'd actually gone out with Vanna instead of Slater, but not for long. He and Valentina ended up spending most of the day with Jools and Mick. 

In spite of her harden heart about their future, she made Mexican food at Jools, an enchilada dinner with homemade refried beans and tortillas. Of course, she hardly talked to him, but she got caught up with Jools, and Mick and Matty went out to Val's car later to see if anything needed tuning up.

Mick assured him he wasn't a teacher by nature, but he still showed Matty enough about the engine and what to do if anything needed fixing. It was nice working with Mick who was very calm.

"You guys won't be making any trips, anywhere, will you?" Mick asked.

"Oh no, not a chance." Matty couldn't see it happening. Still, it bothered him that Valentina just might try to take off on her own. He had no idea what might be going through her head. Besides, he did have his early morning runs to keep in check. Hopefully, all would be smooth sailing soon. He smiled about it, but he didn't really believe it for a second.

Matty was glad she had some alone time with Jools who was probably much more of a brother to her than her real brother.

"I heard, they dated once," Mick told him.

Matty tried not to feel too overwhelmed about it.

"I think she is the little sister he never had," Mick smiled. "He's fond of her. He'd hate for anything bad to happen to her."

Matty suddenly felt a little sad. It was now that he knew what was going on with Val. 

She was much more depressed than he would ever know. She was not going to tell him. And it hurt that she wouldn't. All he could hope for was that she might tell Jools how she really felt, but Matty was afraid Jools would never know, either.

12 comments:

  1. i think she will tell him. But she maybe needs more time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope Val feels comfortable to come clean.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaaw....I do hope that everything works out for Val and Matty....maybe, she'll tell him eventually....
    PS And thanks so much for the Mouse recommendation! I tried to look in Netflix Canada but we don't have it yet. Sounds right up my alley so I'll definitely see if I can stream it somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get that Valentina was depressed. I'm glad that Matty did, though, because now he can help her. I also liked the detail about Mick being calm. I wasn't sure about him at first, but now I think he's a good guy. In the collage, I love the tiered maxi skirt and the GLOWUP baby tee. They're very different but cool styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I made a typo when I was making the collage but with the shoes covering part of the phrase..who knows what it was supposed to say. "Glowup" seems to be a trending word these days..which I have to wonder is more about selflove than anything. Unfortunately, I make a lot typos.

      I am not sure how Matty came to that decision although, he know about himself being depressed so I guess that is how it relates. In his heart he knows she's under a lot more stress than just her woes of wondering if she should be with him or not. While Valentina gets the phrased "It's not always about you." from her brother Dan. And I remember hearing that phrase a lot when I was younger. In fact, my first semester at college I had one friend ask near the end if I was depressed. I said I wasn't, but she kept reminding me by the way I was acting that I had to be depressed. But I never thought I was acting strange, I was just part of our little dorm girlgang who was just watching everyone else have a good time.

      Delete
  5. It is beautifully and interestingly written.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful chapter! It was so well written and really drew me in from start to finish.🤗

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isso de ter um amigo ou amiga que é como se
    fosse um irmão é muito bom, tem sorte quem
    tem um amigo assim...

    Boa semana!
    😘😊

    ReplyDelete