Thursday, May 19, 2022

And then...



 Izzy thought she might pass out when she saw who delivered the flowers at the deli. How was that possible? She couldn't imagine who would do it? After all, Brandon wasn't even around at the moment. And she doubted he'd even think to send her flowers.

Of course, the guy holding the bouquet was quite fetching. She wasn't sure if they'd met. She was certain she would have remembered him. 

Naturally, she was called out to the floor in her apron. She looked around to see if there was an audience. It was crazy these days, already icing graduation cookies and getting a schedule down for the graduation parties the deli was catering. 

Honestly, her back ached. It was like she was carrying around a bunch of heavy rocks that were a tired pain, but this was work. This was how her school year was ending.

"Would you go to the prom with me?" He asked.

"Prom?" Honestly, she thought that was over a week ago when she drove past someone out in the yard on a sunny afternoon taking photos in a pink dress.

He nodded as if he might be a prince of some kind. Izzy looked around once more thinking someone might be pranking her.

"Are you sure..you've got the right person?" She was stumped and she wished she'd washed her hands even if she had been wearing plastic gloves. Her hands were sweating.

"Yeap, pretty sure." He was even lipped. "Izzy Miller will you go to prom with me?" He asked once more presenting her with the fresh flowers.

"Uh, sure." She instantly said. Even so she felt a tad dizzy. "Um, what's your name?"

"Link," he said.

"Link?" She squinted. She had no idea who he was. This had to be the worst idea. No way was she telling Vanna about this, but still what if he didn't even go to her school? "Which..prom are you talking about?"

He laughed ever so carefully. "Our school. It's this Saturday."

"Oh." She guessed she'd been busy. Too busy to notice. 

"You helped on the first day of school this year," he said he was a transfer from the inner-city school. "I didn't know where to go and..and you helped me..no one had to assign me any help. You just made sure I knew where my locker was, and you know how to find my way."

"I see." She did her best to smile.

"I didn't forget you," Link told her. 

Izzy did her best to grit a smile. Now she felt a little sad that she hadn't remembered him.

17 comments:

  1. What a preciousness of red clothes, I love, and well, the story is certainly very beautiful even if I did not remember it๐Ÿ’•❤️๐ŸŒธ❤️๐Ÿ’• Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm this is interesting! I wonder how it will go. I really got a sense from the flower shop in this one too, with her mentioning how she felt dirty (not in bad way but work dirty lol). Always awkward when you don't see something coming. :)

    Nice collage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola! un post genial, me parece muy interesante. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dress! Have a happy day!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo so romantic:) When he asked her about this prom and this was so cute:) I hope that she will be open minded for he:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photos have captured my attention. The girl touching her spectacles looks lovely! the red dress, the red shoes and the flower bouquet will suit her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!! Such a good chapter, thanks for sharing it.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uy que tierno Link te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  9. (to your answer on my blog ... I meant the girl as the boss in the workplace ... not in a relationship)

    Romantically written chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Achei lindo o vestido para o baile de formatura!
    Beijos e bom fim de semana!
    **********************
    Ane
    De Outro Mundo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the dress was beautiful for the prom!
      Kisses and good weekend!❤️❤️❤️❤️Thank you so much!

      Delete
  11. I loved the chapter. It's always nice when we leave a mark on someone
    xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how Izzy assumes that the flowers are from Brandon. That's so funny and typical of her. But when it all turns out to be part of a prom-posal from a guy she doesn't even remember, it's like wow. I think it's nice how this Link sought her out because she helped him on his first day of school. You showed us a sweet side of Izzy that we haven't yet seen, and it makes her more sympathetic and human. But then, you're the master at crafting character layers. :)

    Gorgeous red frock in the collage! I've always loved the idea of a cocktail length prom dress. :)

    ReplyDelete