Saturday, May 21, 2022

just enjoy where you are now



 After seeing Dimi at the cookout, Misty thought Dimi really needed a friend to talk to.

"Well, you shouldn't be worrying about that right now," Slater informed her. The baby would be here soon. "Like, any day, you know."

She shook her head. "Look, if anything, I need to get my mind off the baby." It was true she was just as afraid as Dimi was about the unknown. "I think you need to do your magic on Bishop again." She gave him a look as if he needed to stop trying to get ready for a trainwreck and just calm down.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He shook his head, no, as if that was out of the question. He sat next to her on the couch and put his arm around her as if the ship was safe now.

"You know, he needs friends." She said about Bishop.

"Well, he doesn't want to talk to me. He's a scientist you know and I'm not really scientific about anything." He told her, practically laying his chin on her shoulder. She sighed.

"When has that ever stopped you before?" She told him how Dimi wasn't sure if he'd asked her to marry him or not.

"Geese, maybe she needs her hearing checked." He pulled away then and sat up as if he would mind his manners. 

"Well, at least she thought he asked her." She looked at him with a swelled frown. She held her burgeoning stomach steady.

Slater looked at her wide-eyed as if he didn't know what that was supposed to mean.




"Well, of course, I'll help you," Vanna said as soon as Izzy called about the Prom situation. "I bet I have something you could wear." And she did. She dragged Koda along to take photos. But of course, it took a good hour or two to style Izzy up for her last senior event.

"See I told you, you have to wait it out," Vanna gleamed as if she might be her fairy godmother after all. 

"But-"

"I don't want to know." She shook her head, no. "This is a date for Prom and you make some happy memories and just forget about the stupid sex thing, will you?"

Izzy sat up, wide-eyed. 

"You've got friends looking out for you. Even Brandon. I bet he only wants to see you with somebody your own age having the time of your life." Vanna told her. "You gotta enjoy the little things."

"Why..why are you ..I dunno..acting like this?" Izzy practically winced while Vanna put some extra gloss on Izzy's lips.

"Cause, I see life going by all day at the cash register. I see folks going downhill who can barely manage to push in their pin number or answer a question. Young mothers who I think need to be better off but they seem just as happy with a baby on their hip. And of course, they all talk to me. I guess I've listened to them. Evidently."

Izzy pressed her lips tight.

"Look little girl, you stay as young as long as you can," Vanna told her. She wished her own mother had told her that.

17 comments:

  1. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that Vanna..such a big sis. Its good to see a bit of a sisromance. Very rare to see, indeed. & Slater with Misty. Hmmm..will he figure out what she really wants?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt that last quote to my core. Maintaining youth for as long as possible should be everyone's goal - growing up too quickly is not where it's at.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your story! Have a wonderful weekend!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Vanna's advice. Nice to see her trying to help Izzy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vanna is pretty honest and good in my opinion
    I enjoyed this one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genial framento- Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!! Amazing post, as always.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed checking in with Slater and Misty. This line is great, both in sentiment and rhythm: "She gave him a look as if he needed to stop trying to get ready for a trainwreck and just calm down." It was also good to get a window into the Dimi and Bishop situation. It was funny when Slater said that maybe Dimi should have her hearing checked. :)

    Things are ramping up for Izzy! And Vanna has really come into her own, giving Izzy some spot-on advice. I hope Izzy has a nice time at the prom. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Oh well, Slater and Misty do have their own issues. Of course, Dimi is as usual the over-thinker. Hopefully Izzy is on the mend. I was really shocked to see her faceclaim now at CHICKWISH. & of course, I always wanted to name a character Link.. since someone I know wished his name was Link after a video game.

      Delete
  10. Gostei de ler! Um bebê muda muito a vida de uma mulher.
    😊💟

    ReplyDelete