Friday, June 9, 2023

It all seems so simple

 


 "Are you sure everything is OK?" Brandon asked Yuki. "You, just seem more overworked than ever before." They'd met up at the new barbecue place and he was buying her lunch.

"But I like my job," she shrugged back as if he'd gotten in all wrong.

"Maybe you have a lot on your mind," he winced. A part of him wanted to give her an update on Remi and Wolf, but decided to let it go. "Are you and Zelli getting along?"

"Well," Yuki took a spoon full of Mac and brisket as if she'd have to think on that. Brandon decided to nurse on a rib if she was going to not talk. No time to waste delicious finger-licking food. "She wants me to go to Florida with her."

"Florida?" He didn't mean to sound so alarmed, but he really didn't like the politics nor the gators there.

"A motorcycle trip," Yuki nodded. Brandon nodded. He couldn't imagine Yuki doing this, yet at the same time, he thought it might be exciting. "Are you going?"

"How can I? I don't have a way to do that. I just can't quit my job." She looked at him seriously as her fork stayed put in the tangy coleslaw.

"Well..maybe..maybe Zelli wants to take care of you." Brandon remained positive as he took a bite of the baked beans swimming in apples.

Yuki almost laughed but she went back to the cheesy brisket. "You know, I can't." She shook her head, no. "Besides, I can't just leave Emily. And..and I think Zelli is the jealous type."

"Jealous?" Brandon winced as if he thought that kind of fun. "How so?"

"Oh, she won't come out and say it, but she can be kind of crazy sometimes." Yuki shrugged. "I don't need crazy, you know."

Brandon nodded as if he understood. Still, he was a little worried about Yuki. 




13 comments:

  1. i think this trip is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A motorcycle trip sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if Yuki will end up going. Sounds fun, even if FL is nuts right now.

    Tany colesalw... I don't even like coleslaw but that sounds so good right now, with some barbecue...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A trip anywhere sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello again Dear Ellie :) Next good chapter. I really like this. I love your story.

    Greets from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Espero que todo salga bien a Yuki . Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!! nice chapter, thanks for sharing it.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excelente, ha estado muy muy bien :)
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm. Maybe Yuki's right to turn down Zelli's motorcycle adventure, especially if Zelli's the jealous type.

    Love the cactus in the collage! 🌵💗

    Your puzzle race at the library sounds fun. Putting a 1000-piece puzzle together in 20 minutes is definitely impressive!

    ReplyDelete