Wednesday, January 27, 2021

What's a sister to do?



 Lynsey didn't know if she could wait for Jory to come to her because she knew he wouldn't. She was still shocked he'd found her after all this time. And she knew to him that was enough.

"Don't go worrying about him, it's not worth it," Casey told her she needed to forget about her brother's girl troubles.

"But I know he liked her," Lynsey winced. She hated to see him hurt because he wasn't good at sharing his feelings in the first place.

"He's young. You don't really know him, anyway." Casey's words cut like a knife and she was full of anguish. What she feared the most was that no one knew him.

She'd promised Poppy she wouldn't call him, but she couldn't wait. She did.

Of course, his first words were. "I'm fine."

"You always say that," Lynsey told him Poppy let her know they'd broken up. "What have you been doing lately? Do you need anything?"

Jory only sighed but said he was working and staying with some friends across the hall. "I guess I'll move out soon."

"Where?"

"I don't know."

"Not back to that motel?"

"Fine." He told her he would see if there was a studio at the apartments. He sounded as if he didn't need anything more.

"Will you let me know, when you hear something?" Lynsey knew she couldn't be there for him like she wanted. Casey would be furious with her. "You wouldn't do something, would you?"

"Do something?" He sounded hurt that she'd even ask. "Like what? Slash that guy's tires? Burn her clothes on the street? Ransack their place and pawn anything valuable?"

"Jory?" His words frightened her.  "You're not thinking-"

"Sure I am."

"But..but you can't think that way," Lynsey nursed her upper lip, thinking he wasn't that little brother anymore who liked to play by himself most of the time. But if you were to say or do the wrong thing, he might bite you.

"Well, if it happens to you, you might think differently," Jory said.

"You're worrying me," Lynsey was in a fret. She wanted him to listen. "Don't even think-"

"Oh God," Jory said with a sigh. "I can't even talk to you about this. You say you want to know what I'm feeling. I'm telling you and you're thinking I'm a psycho." He paused then as if to gather his thoughts. "I'm almost tweny-five years old, and I have a job to do. And it's important to me. I might not be a doctor like my parents always wanted me to be. I never played sports like they forced me. I am doing the best that I can."

"You'll find someone else," Lynsey tried to sound cheerful enough.

"I don't want to find anybody else," Jory said. "I'm all right being alone."


12 comments:

  1. Your chapters are always so interesting and captivating!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the chapter
    xo
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots to figure out! I like the words in the image corners, they are so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jory is now trully broken nut he will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola wapa! La historia sigue siendo igual de interesante.
    bsss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola! me gusto mucho el relato, un post genial. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg!
    I love your chapter
    I want more
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me gusta mucho Jory veamos que pasa con él. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely collage, girl 🙂 And lovely quotes and messages, too 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete