Saturday, September 24, 2022

Don't forget I love you



 "Are you kidding me," Vanna's eyes lit up. "Jay and Lindy are back together?"

Koda sighed, as if she better not make a big deal about it. "I guess so." He'd seen them together. It was at the grocery store. He figured Vanna would have seen them.

"You should be more worried about me," Koda looked at her blankly. After all, it was Vanna's friend who came on to him that night after Jay left. But Vanna had been mute about that. Naturally, he was the one who told Dixie she needed to go.

He'd so wanted to hide behind Vanna, but then again, it felt like she wasn't taking up for him like she should have. It was like he had to be the bad cop.

"I just don't understand you," he went on to say as he was getting supper ready. "Maybe it's for the best. Jay and Lindy. They seemed happy."

"Happy? How would you know?" She crossed her arms and remained in a pout. "Jay is a very good actor."

"Evidently, better than the both of us," Koda shivered the thought of how close Dixie got to him. She was something. He hoped he never saw her again. "You..you should have fought for me." He pointed with the butcher knife but put it down quickly. He didn't want her to think he was psycho. Koda took a deep breath. "Quit worrying about other people and think about us."

She practically rolled her eyes at him and went off to fold clothes in the bedroom. He put the meatloaf in the oven and washed his hands. He then leaned against the bedroom door frame.

"I dunno why I did what I did," she wouldn't look at him, but folded the towels and then rolled them as if they were ready for their next guest to visit. "I just..I just felt I would go off the deep end if..if I did open my mouth." Vanna finally looked back at him. "But..but I was waiting to see what you were going to do..and..and you did exactly what I wanted you to do. You got her out of here."

Koda hugged himself. "We are not having any friends stay with us." Frankly, he didn't know if he had friends like Vanna but he certainly wasn't inviting anyone from Sioux City or even Rapid City. "It's just us from now on."

"But..but my mom is coming to town next week," Vanna hadn't told him.

"Seriously?" Oh, he hoped she wasn't Super-Extra Vanna, but it was possible.

12 comments:

  1. I think it's good how Koda is sharing so many feelings.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanna seems to worry about what other people are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uy las cosas se complican para Vanna. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Las cosas se complican. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super-Extra Vanna! And it's her mom! That's hilarious. Especially on the heels of the dreaded Dixie's departure. I can't wait to see what she'll be like. And what Koda will think of her and vice versa.🤣

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola! me gustop mucho el capitulo, esta interesante. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I would have also a lover! Nice post, darling. I have just discovered your blog and I will be checking your following posts. By the way, I have seen your blue-haired Jungkook pic hahaha ;)
    Kisses from https://sophisticatedmeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!! the title is so cute, I like it, and the chapter is really good, as always:) thanks for sharing it.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super extra Vanna lol. The whole Super Vanna/ Dixie thing killed me. Love it although Vanna was testing? Ha. Glad he sent her packing, although part of me thinks she's be an excellent chaos agent. :)

    ReplyDelete