Monday, March 4, 2024

I'm a blue bird


 

"Why don't you just talk to Amy's mother," Cedric wasn't sure he could spend another night of this tossing and turning with Dory. Just when things were heating up between them, Dory was going out on a limb with these violin lessons.

"Maybe I shouldn't teach," he'd decided. Although, the money was nice and Eli was his favorite student, but not his real student.

"Don't say that, just..just..." Cedric shrugged in his dance through their morning routine of French toast and coffee. "Talk to Stan."

"Stan?" Dory squinted as he nursed his black coffee.

"Yeah." Cedric nodded as he went on to turn the toast in the skillet. Of course, he wanted to talk to him about that other thing. Wasn't it a waste of money to have a place he didn't even go to anymore? Still, he knew of Dory's troubles and that came first.

Dory didn't say anything.

"You want me to talk to him?" Cedric brought Dory the plate of buttered egg toast with fresh blueberries. Really, Cedric was trying hard to make more healthy meals. Still, it was never easy to know if Dory liked anything he made. Dory just stared at it as if he didn't know what he wanted him to do.

Finally, Cedric brought his plate of food over and Dory cut into the powdered sugar mess.

"You would do that for me?" Dory sounded as if no one ever did anything for him, but Cedric knew differently. Dory had a pattern of just waiting for people to take him places, staying in cramped spaces for a small fee. Cedric wasn't sure if it was out of being thrifty or just a smoocher. Oh, he didn't want to think the latter. He wanted to think the best of Dory. But he knew Dory was terribly shy too. Thus, perhaps never quite happy either. Somebody had to be Dory's cheerleader and Cedric felt he was up for it.

15 comments:

  1. Great easy reading and profound at the same time writing
    Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola!! apoyo mutuo en momentos difíciles demuestra una bonita amistad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The relationship getting complicated. They usually do :)

    I'm glad your weekend went well. Or is over anyway :) I'm glad you went there with Sunny, I've ben curious where her story would go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uy genial fragmento. Aunque las cosas se van complicando. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awfully nice of Cedric. I think we all know a Dory in our life. Will he talk to Stan? Hmmmm....I guess we have to wait and see:)
    And Ellie, it's totally fine to miss my posts!!! Pls don't apologize, as TBH, I've also missed a few posts from my fave blogs:( It's just been so busy since Chinese New Year, and I'm sure it's been the same for a lot of people. That's great to hear that you always make time for writing even when busy with your work at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  6. human relationship are fascinating to me and how they face twists and turns of life is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the chapter and how Cedric deals with everything.
    X
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting and again excellently written.

    ReplyDelete
  9. interesting story, even complicated as daily life.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!
    When I read your stories it's like I'm watching life happen! It's so real! This is a compliment not a criticism! Life is like that! I wish you a happy month of March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. I'm glad you like watching life happen..and that what I like to see too. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  11. Hola! me encanta leer tu historia, es como ver un drama. Parece quenla relación se complica, deseando saber como continua. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cedric is a prince, so patient and wise! He knows that Dory has shortcomings but has resolved to be there for him anyway. I especially love this part:

    "Dory had a pattern of just waiting for people to take him places, staying in cramped spaces for a small fee."

    It's so simple yet so symbolic. 🧇💙🧇💙🧇💙🧇💙

    ReplyDelete