Saturday, March 16, 2024

Talking all night long



 "I think she'll be all right," Chili smiled when she finished off the sandwich on her plate. She'd said plenty about Maddie and Axton wasn't all that sure he knew who she was talking about. Someone at work.

Chili went on to say that he made the best cold-cut sandwiches in the world.

"I wouldn't go that for," he apologized for not making a proper meal. There was a lot on Axton's mind. Actually, he was waiting patiently to hear from Em who begged him to stop calling. So he just texted Yuki on the hour. It was only a matter of time before Em's water might break. She'd had some labor pains again.

"You should be the chef at the coffee shop," Chili smirked.

"Yeah, right," Axton munched on a chip. He then mentioned how Cedric wanted to meet up with Stan. "I don't know why I have to be there. I mean, can't those two talk alone?"

"What about it?" Chili wanted to know as they sat at the table in her little place. She took a sip of her diet soda. He did the same.

"It seems Dory is teaching Amy's boyfriend to play the violin. Amy has no interest in music, evidently." Axton shrugged.

Chili's brow furrowed. "How come he didn't tell me?" She bit a chip dripping with yogurt dip. He thought he'd left a bag of carrots in her fridge when he made the dip. All she had were potato chips.

"I dunno." Axton shrugged.

"Where will you go?

"Coffee shop, I guess," Axton said that was where they always met up.

"Can't you guys do something else? You know like shoot some hoops?"

"Shoot some hoops," Axton shook with laughter. "Cedric is no basketball player and I dunno about Stan. He's tall, but he looks like golfing might be his forte."

"But you were so good in high school. Didn't you guys go to State?" She reminded him.

"This is about Amy," Axton winced. "Oh, did I tell you..they are going to name the baby Rory?" He couldn't keep his mind off Em.


14 comments:

  1. That drama's heating up.

    The Duran Duran guys were all so pretty, weren't they?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. -Christine Cmlk79.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. i have a questiuon. What this soda taste like?:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have a question. What this soda taste like?:D ...oh the usual cola. It's a mid-west/ Heartland term of can of pop drink like Pepsi or something similiar. These days Bubbly is popular here. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  4. I guess it's what's lacking these days
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps they could try going for a hike then grabbing coffee. It would be a bit of a change of pace.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not long until the baby is born, so I'm curious about the outcome! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true...I am sure that baby should already be here.. but I am taking my time. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  7. Uy pronto nacerá el niño. Genial fragmento. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this chapter, like always indeed because your stories are amazing
    Have an incredible week
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I really liked the chapter, it's not long before the baby is born and they chose a good name, greetings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Em's time is drawing near! No wonder she's on Axton's mind. Even though it didn't work out between them, they'll always be connected.

    I love the little mushroom cardi! 💛🍄💛🍄💛🍄

    ReplyDelete